What type of help do you need?

Take a few minutes to understand different qualifications and requirements for the services you’re requesting.   This helps make sure we can help as many pets and people as possible.

Emergency veterinary assistance

In-Home Pet Care

Thanks to the Robert John Collins Memorial Fund, Harley’s Hope is able to offer in-home pet care assistance to those who are physically and financially unable to afford it otherwise.  This program is meant to help people who are battling illness, injury, or are recovering from surgery in their homes and need a little extra help with their pets during this time.  This IS NOT free pet sitting.   If you have a pet in need of care that cannot be provided outside of the home, then please complete the In-Home Pet Care application to request assistance through this program.  Proof of need is required.

Additional services & resources

For senior services, pet-food assistance, and other services, please fill out our online form or call our offices.

Emergency Boarding

Call before submitting an application. Emergency boarding placement is contingent upon available space and proof that your animal is healthy and socialized.

Dog & cat food delivery​

Pet food deliveries may be requested by elderly Coloradans (60+) or those facing physical disabilities that prevent them from visiting pet food pantries, and who live in El Paso or Teller County. These requests are for emergency situations as Harley’s Hope cannot support any one pet on an on-going basis

Deliveries will be made as resources and weather allow. We cannot guarantee brands, types or quantities of food as all pet food is donated and inventory will vary. Please allow at least 48 hours between request and delivery, so do not wait until you are out of food to ask for assistance.

If you do not qualify for delivery, you may still be able to request a on-time emergency pick-up of food at our Black Forest location as resources allow.

  • Colorado Resident Age 60+
  • Resident of El Paso or Teller counties

(719) 495-6083

Harley’s Hope Chest (HHC) is a program to redistribute donated pet items to those in need who have an established relationship with their pet. It is not intended for people who are adding pets to their homes and who do this knowing they cannot afford that pet.

If you’d prefer to donate via our Amazon or Chewy wish lists, please click on the links below.”

Amazon Wish List

Acceptable Donations

HHC will accept donated pet items including, but not limited to, medical equipment (dog wheelchairs, ramps, glucometers, etc.), pet food, bedding, crates, etc. We will also accept unexpired, non-narcotic veterinary medications and unexpired prescription pet food, but these items will be distributed only to veterinary clinics. They, in turn, will donate to their low-income clients with documented need.

Donating To HHC

If you are an individual willing to donate pet food or other items, please complete this form

Veterinary clinics and pet supply companies can also donate to HHC by completing this form.  Please include a high resolution version of your logo.

Requesting A Donation

If you are a pet parent in need of supplies, please complete this request form. Our Inventory Coordinator will check to see if we have the item(s) in stock and let you know either way.

If you are a veterinary clinic that would like to periodically receive our inventory listing and possibly receive donated items for your low-income clients, please complete this form.

Frequently asked questions

What applicants need to know before applying

To see if you’re a good candidate for care, please review our checklist on the application page.

If approved for assistance, you will receive no more than $500 per animal. No one is guaranteed $500 – rewards vary based on number of cases pending and available resources. If the estimate for treatment exceeds HHF’s award, it is your responsibility to apply for and secure additional funding BEFORE HHF funding will be released to the service provider; veterinarian, training facility, boarding facility, etc. We DO NOT release funds directly to you.

If approved for funding for veterinary assistance, the procedure must begin within 21 days of approval. We cannot and do not hold funding as we receive applications and inquiries on a daily basis.

If you have found a stray and know that you cannot afford care, please take that animal to a reputable animal shelter or rescue. These facilities have the resources to provide care and to re-home adoptable animals.

Please note: If you have found an ill or injured stray and decide to keep it knowing you can’t provide care, that may be considered animal abuse and you may be subject to fines by animal control for not seeking help for the animal.

Unfortunately, no. While we wish we could help everyone, we receive far more requests for help than funding. Even if you apply for help we recommend checking our pet resources directory for additional options and programs.

No. If you are dealing with a veterinary emergency, it is your responsibility to get your animal to a veterinary provider and to pay to determine diagnosis and prognosis for survival. Our funding is for treatment of survivable conditions only.

If you have not provided your animal with routine veterinary care in more than 24 months, we will not consider your application. Animals require care in order to remain healthy. If one human year equals roughly 7 dog/cat years, then missing check-ups for even one year is the equivalent of you not seeing a doctor or dentist for seven years. By the time an animal shows obvious symptoms of distress or pain, it may already be too late.

Yes. We are only accepting applications from Colorado residents at this time.